Recent advances in science and engineering allowed obtaining the novel materials with unusual mechanical properties. In many cases, these properties are mainly determined by the microstructure of the materials on small scales (micro- and nano-) rather than by the chemical and physical properties. Usually, the microstructure is obtained naturally such as in the case of nanomaterials and specifically 2D-materials. However, recent progress in manufacturing techniques inspired the engineers to construct the artificial materials referred to as ‘metamaterials’. In his Musltiscale Mechanics of Solids (MSMS) lab Dr. Berinskii and his team investigate a connection between the microstructure and macroscopic mechanical behavior by means of analytical and computational analysis. Their aim is to explain existing unusual mechanical properties and predicting new outstanding features to be used in engineering applications.
ד"ר איגור ברינסקי
2005 - B.S. (Cum laude), Applied Mechanics, Peter the Great Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
2007 - M.S. (Cum laude), Applied Mechanics, Peter the Great Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia
2010 - Ph.D., Mechanics of Solids, Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering, Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Mechanics of media with microstructure
Cellular materials / Metamaterials
Nanomechanics / NEMS / MEMS
Micromechanics of fracture
- Berinskii I.E., Ivanova E.A., Krivtsov A.M., Morozov N.F. Application of Moment Interaction to the Construction of a Stable Model of Graphite Crystal Lattice. // Mechanics of Solids, 2007, Vol. 42, No. 5, pp. 663–671.
- Berinskii I.E., Krivtsov A. M. On Using Many-Particle Interatomic Potentials to Compute Elastic Properties of Graphene and Diamond. // Mechanics of Solids, 2010, Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 815–834.
- I.E. Berinskii. Beam model of graphene crystal lattice. Nauchno-Technicheskie Vedomosti SPbGPU, 2010. Vol. 1044. pp. 13-20. (In Russian).
- I.E. Berinskii. Modeling of the atomic interactions in graphene with using of linear rod theory. Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo, 2011. Vol. 4 (2). pp. 388-390. (In Russian).
- Berinskii I.E., Borodich F.M. Elastic in-plane properties of 2D linearized models of graphene // Mechanics of Materials. 2013. V. 62, pp. 60-68.
- Morozov N.F., Berinskii I.E., Indeitsev D.A., Privalova O.V., Skubov D.Yu., Shtukin L.V. Oscillation stop as a way to determine spectral characteristics of a graphene resonator // Doklady Physics, 2014. V. 59, N. 6, pp. 254-258.
- Morozov N.F., Berinskii I.E., Indeitsev D.A., Skubov D.Yu., Shtukin L.V. A differential graphene-based resonator // Doklady Physics, 2014. V. 59, N. 7, pp. 295-298.
- Berinskii I.E., Krivtsov A.M., Kudarova A. M. Determination of graphene bending rigidity // Physical Mesomechanics, 2014, V. 17, No. 4, pp. 356-364.
- Porubov A. V., Berinskii I.E. Nonlinear plane waves in materials having hexagonal internal structure // International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 2014, V. 67, P. 27–33.
- Berinskii I.E., Indeitsev D.A., Morozov N.F., Skubov D.Yu., Shtukin L.V. Differential graphene-based resonator as a mass detector // Mechanics of Solids, 2015, 50(2), 127-134.
- Porubov A. V., Berinskii I.E. Two-dimensional nonlinear shear waves in materials having hexagonal lattice structure. // Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, 2016, vol. 21 no. 1 94-103.
- Shtukin L.V., Berinskii I.E., Indeitsev D.A., Morozov N.F., Skubov D.Yu. Electromechanical Models of Resonators // Physical Mesomechanics, 2016, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 248-254.
- Berinskii I.E., Panchenko A.Yu., Podolskaya E.A. Application of pair torque interaction potential to simulate the elastic behavior of SLMoS2 // Modelling and Simulations in Material Sciences and Engineering 2016, 24 (4), 045003.
- Berinskii I.E., Krivtsov A.M. A hyperboloid structure as a mechanical model of the carbon bond // International Journal of Solids and Structures, 96 (2016) 145–152.
- Berinskii I.E. Elastic networks to model auxetic properties of cellular materials // International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 115-116 (2016) 481–488.
- Berinskii I.E., Altenbach H. In-plane and out-of-plane elastic properties of two-dimensional single crystal // Acta Mechanica, 228 (2) (2017), 683-691.
- Berinskii I.E., Slepyan L.I. How a dissimilar chain is splitting. Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 107 (2017), 509-524.
- Berinskii I.E., Aboudi J., Ryvkin M . Contact problem for a composite material with nacre inspired microstructure. Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering 25.8, (2017): 085002 .
- Berinskii I.E. In-plane elastic properties of auxetic multilattices. Smart Materials and Structures 27.7 (2018): 075012.
- Berinskii I, Kuzkin VA. Equilibration of energies in a two-dimensional harmonic graphene lattice. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A 20190114 (2019).
- Panchenko A. Yu, Podolskaya E. A., Berinskii I.E. Coarse–grained model based on rigid grains interaction for single layer molybdenum disulfide. Mechanics Research Communications (2020): 103515.
- Berinkii I.E. Elastic in-plane properties of cellular materials: discrete approach. Mechanics of Materials (2020).